Cannon Music Camp - June 24th to July 15th, 2017
Camp & Application Requirements
2017 Camp dates are Saturday, June 24th to Saturday, July 15th, 2017
Application requirements: Camp is for rising high school freshman to graduating high school seniors. Cannon Music Camp seeks to accept those students who have a strong sense of character and citizenship, along with superlative musical and scholar achievements. The camp does not wish to admit the student who is unable to act responsibly, follow directions, or accept constructive criticism. We request the applicants school administration to evaluate the student's disciplinary record and attendance, along with their judgement as to the capability to interact with 190+ other students. We request a referral from their music instructor as to their ability to perform repertoire at Grade Level IV or higher.
- Grade Level IV performance: Most students are level IV if they have completed courses, relevant skills and played for 1-2 years in their school band, orchestra or choir. Cannon Music Camp students should be able to read music and take a theory class.
- Listen to past performances here at this link.
Enrollment is limited to 200 campers with quotas for each performance area.
Early enrollment is ONLY offered to returning campers in November.
Wait-List- If a performance area is full, complete an application and get on our wait-list. Then follow thru with the 2 other required forms. Last year we had 35 cancellations and many happy campers who got to attend by being on our wait-list. Once on our wait-list, we will not deposit your application deposit of $100 until there is an opening and you have confirmed you want the spot.
|2017 Performance Area||Enrolled||Limit|
|Bassoon (wait list open)||9||9|
|Cello (wait list open)||12||12|
|Clarinet (wait list open)||15||15|
|Bass Clarinet (wait list open)||5||5|
|Flute (wait list open)||16||16|
|French Horn (wait list open)||10||10|
|Oboe (wait list open)||8||8|
|Saxophone (wait list open)||12||12|
|Trumpet (wait list open)||18||18|
|Viola (wait list open)||12||12|
Cannon Camp Statistics
Camp requirements are listed to the right of this page
1. Application Process:
Wait-List- If a performance area is full, complete an application and get on our wait-list. Then follow thru with the 2 other required forms. We had 35 cancellations last year!
Complete and SIGN the 2017 Cannon Application (link at the bottom of this page) , send the signed application forms by mail with your application deposit of $100.00 (check or money order) payable to Cannon Music Camp. Digital signatures are not accepted on the health/emergency form at this time at Appalachian State University. This will hold a space in your performance area, until notice of your acceptance.
OR if paying by credit/debit card, send the signed application forms via E-Mail or Fax. Then call the camp office (see contact information on the left side of this page) to make your credit/debit card $100 application deposit payment. We only accept visa or master card. Application form and $100.00 Deposit are due together. Digital signatures are not accepted on the health/emergency form at this time at Appalachian State University.
To complete the acceptance process: The applicant needs to forward the next following 2 items, forms are located at the bottom of this page. The normal turn around for the forms are 2-4 weeks. Remember, your space is secured when you send in your application and deposit, once we receive the 2 forms back, we will review and notify you of your acceptance.
Forward the form "School Recommendation Form.pdf" by e-mail or hand delivery to your School Counselor or Assistant Principal to complete. They will need to submit it back to us - not the applicant.
Forward the form "Music Instructor Referral Form.pdf" by e-mail or hand delivery to your school music director or private instructor. They will need to submit it back to us - not the applicant. (if applicant is a returning camper- this form is not required)
- Meal Plan: When choosing a required meal plan, ASU also accepts debit cards and cash on campus if you run low on the ASU Card. Please see Meal Plan for more information and pricing of meals in Sanford Commons and the Rivers Street Cafe all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Enrollment: Opens December 1st for new campers. We accept applications up to the day before camp, if there is space in their performance area and camp housing. Most popular areas that fill in December would be Saxophone, Trumpet and Flute.
2. Acceptance Process:
Once we receive the school recommendation form from your school AND the music instructor referral form from your school music director OR private music instructor, you & your parent/guardian will be notified via e-mail of acceptance. When you sent in your application and deposit you secured your space.
3. Payment Process:
Tuition/Meal Payments will begin at the application process.
You do not have to wait for acceptance to start your payment process, see our cancellation policy.
Here are your 2 options:
- You can choose to make installments once your application & deposit is submitted, of any amounts, with all accounts paid in full by June 15th.
- OR After submitting your application & deposit, a payment of any amount is due before or by May 1st, at anytime you can make installments if you wish, with all accounts paid in full by June 15th.
We know these schedules may not work for everyone, so please, if other dates or arrangements are needed, contact Greg in the camp office, we are more than willing to work with families.
We accept checks, money orders (payable to Cannon Music Camp) or credit/debit cards. If paying by credit/debit card we take Visa or MC- you will need to call our office to process your payment. We do not store your credit/debit card information, so you have to call each time you want to pay by credit/debit card. Office contact information and mailing address is on the left side of this page.
4. Withdraw Process:
If you need to withdraw your application, April 14th is the cancellation notification deadline to receive your $100 application deposit refunded AND any other monies paid. After April 14th, you will receive any monies paid LESS the $100.00 application deposit. The only way to cancel is by e-mail or letter.
Tuition Fees, Scholarships and Performance Quotas:
2017 Tuition/Housing Fees are $1625 plus a meal plan of $265, $290, or $315.
Scholarship requests can be sent along with the application or after you have submitted your application. Scholarship request deadline is March 31st. Our funding closes March 31st or when funds are depleted, whichever occurs first. You should have submitted scholarship requests by 3/31 or accepted our offer by the date located on your letter or e-mail. Visit our Scholarships tab for information on the process.
If you are applying for scholarships that are NOT from Cannon Music Camp, PLEASE let Greg know so we can watch for payments.
- PDF FORMS (below) are ADOBE Fillable forms. 1st open form with a different viewer (if prompted) as ADOBE READER, then save the form to your desktop by naming it, THEN FILL OUT, save, print and sign the form to complete. Appalachian State University requires an actual signature on the health/emergency form, they do not accept digital signatures at this time. You can also forward forms to the school and music instructor by saving the form to your desktop and attaching in an e-mail.
- Performance areas fill quickly, please secure your space by sending in your application, then forward your School Recommendation and Music Referral to the appropriate people.
Travel & Information about camp is located in the Camper Handbook. We pick up campers at Charlotte, NC Airport (CLT) on the Friday before camp (6/23/17) at specific times and return to CLT Airport on (7/15/2017) by 6 P.M. If you need to reserve a space for transport, see handbook for instructions.
|2017 Fillable Cannon Application and Health Form.pdf||342.66 KB|
|2017 Fillable Cannon Music Instructor Referral Form.pdf||214.47 KB|
|2017 Fillable School Recommendation Form.pdf||234.57 KB|
Cannon Music Camp
Please use this email address for all correspondence.
Mr. James G. Daugherty