2022 Tuition, Meals, and Housing Fees are $2550.
The Camp Tuition represents 3 weeks of ensemble and music instruction and performances, on-campus housing, three all-you-can-eat meals a day, three 1-hour lessons in your primary performance area, theory class, enrichment activities, electives, camp t-shirt, camp outing, use of App State Health Services, and limited accident insurance.
Optional Fees: There are several optional camp activities and opportunities, both academic and recreational, that is not be included in the Camp Tuition. Campers are not required to participate in any of these activities, but many campers in the past have found them to be enlightening and entertaining. Learn more about these optional fees.
Q. Can you breakdown the costs again?
A. Look at it this way:
$2250 divided by 22 days = approximately $115.90 per day
TBD daily ensures:
- Contact with a minimum of three professional music educators
- Daily schedule which includes a minimum of one major ensemble
- Theory classes
- Three weekly lessons
- One weekly master class and elective classes at the discretion of the student
- Camp T-shirt
- Rooming-in an App State residence hall
- Three all-you-can-eat meals a day
- Contact and interaction with a nationally acclaimed faculty
- Access to campus infirmary
- Limited accident insurance
- Supervision by an experienced and professional camp counseling/supervisory staff
- Facilities and services at one of the Southeast's most beautiful and scenic campuses - Appalachian State University
Payments will begin at the application process. You do not have to wait for acceptance to start your payment process.
Here are your 2 options:
- You can choose to make installments once your application & deposit is submitted, of any amounts, with all accounts paid in full by June 15th.
- OR After submitting your application & deposit, payment of any amount is due before or by May 1st, at any time you can make installments if you wish, with all accounts paid in full by June 15th.
We know these schedules may not work for everyone, so please, if other dates or arrangements are needed, contact the camp administrator in the camp office, we are more than willing to work with families.
We accept checks, money orders (payable to Appalachian State University) or credit/debit cards. If paying by credit/debit card we take Visa or MC. Payments are made throught the Office of Conference and Event Servies by logging into your online camp registration account. Payment process information: Conference and Event Services 828.262.2930 or Carrie Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to withdraw your application, April 15th is the cancellation notification deadline to receive your $100 application deposit refunded AND any other monies paid. After April 15th, you will receive any monies paid LESS the $100.00 application deposit. The only way to cancel is by e-mail or letter.
Through the generosity of the Mariam and Robert Hayes Charitable Trust, Cannon Music Camp is able to offer tuition scholarships.
- The average range of a tuition scholarship offer from Cannon Music Camp is $125-$425.
- For new prospective campers, please visit our scholarships tab for the process, requests can be made starting December 2nd, and not before.
- If you perform in the All-State Band/Orchestra Competitions in January, based on your placement, you may be offered a scholarship. We collect lists from North Carolina and limited from Florida. We will not receive these lists until February, so please apply early to secure your space. If you receive more than one offer from us, you have the option of choosing the highest amount.
- The scholarship request deadline is March 31st. Our funding closes March 31st or when funds are depleted, whichever occurs first. You should have submitted scholarship requests by March 31st or accepted our offer by the date located on your letter or e-mail.
- Scholarship awards or requests do NOT secure you a space at Camp, you need to apply first to secure a space at camp, then proceed with attaining a scholarship.
- Please contact your local school band club, music instructors, local arts programs or your church for more assistance of how to obtain scholarship assistance from your community.
- Check out the North Carolina Audition sites.
This camp is a great experience for prospective App State students to study with our faculty, live at residence halls and experience our campus.