1. Complete the online application (link coming soon) and pay a minimum $100 deposit. This will secure your seat in your particular instrument section. Each instrument area has a limited number of seats. Once the limit is reached, applications are wait-listed.
2. Choose a meal plan as part of the online application.
Meal Plan: An App State meal plan is required. Please see Meal Plan for more information and pricing of meals in Sanford Commons and the Rivers Street Cafe all-you-can-eat buffet. Meal plans are chosen during the online registration process. App State also accepts debit cards and cash on campus if the balance on the meal plan runs low.
3. Complete, sign, and email the following university required forms (links coming soon) to email@example.com:
- 2022 Medical Form and Indemnity Agreement and Code of Conduct Form
- Appalachian State University Photo/Video/Sound Release Form - English
- Appalachian State University Photo/Video/Sound Release Form - Spanish
4. In order to complete the application process and finalize acceptance, our 2022 policy requires a School Recommendation form, as well as a Music Recommendation form from every camper (new and returners). These documents are critical to verify each student’s character, citizenship, scholarship, and to gain an insight into their current musical focus. The recommendation process has been streamlined so both forms are completed online. Once these forms are completed, they are automatically sent to us. You will also receive a copy of the email verifying the recommendation is complete.
Forward the School Administrator/CounselorRecommendation Form link (link coming soon) to your School Counselor or Assistant Principal to complete. Once they submit the form it is immediately shared with Cannon Music Camp.
NOTE: Your administrator/counselor needs to know your first and last name, your instrument/voice, and your email address to complete this form!
Forward the Music Teacher Recommendation Form link (link coming soon) to your School or Private Music Teacher. Once they submit the form it is immediately shared with Cannon Music Camp.
NOTE: Your music teacher needs to know your first and last name, your instrument/voice, and your email address to complete this form!
We accept applications up to the day before camp if there is space in their performance area and camp housing. Our most popular areas that fill quickly are Trumpet, Flute, Saxophone, and Clarinet.
Once we receive the application, deposit, the university required forms, the school recommendation form, and the music instructor recommendation form, you and your parent/guardian will be notified via email of acceptance. Your seat is secured with the application and paid deposit.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships:
Tuition/Housing Fees are $TBA plus a meal plan of $290, $310, or $330.
Tuition/Meal Payments will begin at the application process.
You do not have to wait for acceptance to start your payment process. See our cancellation policy.
You can choose to make installments, after your application & deposit is submitted, of any amount. We do ask that payment of any amount is due before or by May 1st. All accounts should be paid in full by June 15th.
We know these schedules may not work for everyone, so please, if other dates or arrangements are needed, contact the camp administrator in the camp office (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are more than willing to work with families.
We accept checks, money orders (payable to Appalachian State University) or credit/debit cards.
If you need to cancel/withdraw your application, April 15th is the cancellation notification deadline to receive your $100 application deposit refund AND any other monies paid. After April 15th, you will receive any monies paid LESS the $100.00 application deposit. Cancellations are only accepted by by email or letter.
PDF FORMS are ADOBE Fillable forms. First open form with a different viewer (if prompted) as ADOBE READER, then save the form to your desktop by naming it, THEN FILL OUT, save, print and sign the form to complete.
Performance areas fill quickly, please secure your space by submitting your application. Then forward your School Recommendation and Music Recommendation links to the appropriate people.
Travel & Information about camp is located in the Camper Handbook. (A link will be posted in the spring). For a fee, we offer transportation for campers to and from the Charlotte/Douglass International Airport (CLT) on Friday before camp (6/24/2022) at specific times and return to CLT Airport on (7/15/2022) by 6 P.M. If you need to reserve a space for transport, see the camper handbook for instructions.
What if my instrument/voice area is listed as closed? Could I still come to camp? If a performance area is full, complete an application to be placed on the waitlist. Then follow through with the other required enrollment forms. Once a cancellation in your selected performance area occurs, we will contact the first applicant for that area on the waitlist. If there are no cancellations in your area your deposit will be refunded.