Check-In/Start of Camp
When: Saturday, June 25, 2022, from 9:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
Where: 813 Rivers Street, Broyhill Music Center, Room 119
The check-in process begins here. It should take two hours to get settled. Please be here no later than 12 NOON so you have enough time to get all the items below completed and to be on time for the Camper Meeting at 4:00 PM (Parent Orientation Meeting is 2:00 PM). Our central dining hall has many good food choices for your lunch, or downtown Boone has plenty of options.
You will be given detailed information on how to complete the following items:
- Registration sign-in
- Paying any balance due
- Turning in your "Code of Conduct form" with your parent/guardian. (included in packet & online)
- Turning in your "Parent Identification/Release of Liability form" (Included in packet & online)
- Moving into the Residence Hall.
- Getting your meal card/id made (Trivette Hall)
- Getting a locker (in the lobby) (optional, but recommended)
- Renting an instrument ($TBA cash or check) (you would have already made a reservation for this before the start of camp) (optional)
- Registering for any optional classes if spaces available- Piano Class, Alexander Technique, and/or Secondary lessons. Registration will be sent out prior to arrival at camp.
Theory Placement Testing will be on Saturday, June 25th at 6 P.M. All campers assemble in Rosen Concert Hall at 6:00 P.M. for instructions on and administration of the Theory Placement Test. This test is only to assess your present knowledge of music theory, so that we may determine which level of theory instruction will benefit you the most.
Placement Auditions: On Sunday, June 26th, starting at 12:30 P.M. all campers will audition on their primary instrument or voice for placement in ensembles. Be prepared to perform a solo or etude, major scales, and sight-read a short example. You may audition for a secondary instrument/voice placement also. Information about what to expect is online on our Ensembles & Audition page.
RECAP: Saturday, June 25th Schedule
9:00 AM to 12:30 PM Registration, Room 119 Broyhill Music Center
2:00 PM Parent Meeting, Rosen Concert Hall - bring Parent Handbook
3:00 PM APP STATE Admissions and Financial Aid Information Session - Recital Hall
4:00 PM Camper Meeting, Rosen Concert Hall - bring Camper Handbook
5:00 PM Dinner in the dining hall
6:00 PM Theory Placement Test, Rosen Concert Hall