By Car: Broyhill Music Center is at 813 Rivers Street. You will come to the Broyhill Music Center to register and receive your load time for the dorm. No permanent parking is available at the dorm, so please plan on parking at the music building, registering, and then moving your car to the dorm to unload your gear.
Parking lots are marked on the App State University's Interactive Campus Map website. On weekends and evenings after 5 P.M. parking is free in designated areas. There is a parking deck for other times, see App State's Parking & Transportation website. Direction signs for Cannon Music Camp will be posted at the Broyhill Music Center and the dorm on campus.
Airport Transportation: For those traveling to camp, we will pick up campers on Friday, June 24th at Charlotte International Airport (CLT) between 10 A.M. and 3 P.M. The cost is $75 each way (which includes Friday night dorm fees). The return shuttle drops off on Saturday, July 16th, between 5-6 PM at CLT, so plan your flight for 7 PM or later.
- For our scheduling logistics, please let us know at the application process if you are planning on flying in or out of Charlotte Airport. We do not need flight information at that time, just an email letting us know you are flying in/out of Charlotte.
- When you get your flight schedule, please submit it to our office, at that time we will need your name, cell phone information along with airline, flight number, times with inbound and outbound. All travel information is due once scheduled, AND no later than June 1st. The transportation fee is payable when the schedule is submitted or by June 15th with the final tuition/meal fees.
- Contact us if you have scheduling difficulties, we can let you know if we can adjust our transportation.
- When you arrive Friday from the airport you will be placed in your dorm room upon arrival to App State (approx 5 P.M.). Plan on bringing money for snacks and dinner for Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Your meal card will be issued on Saturday and the meal plan will begin at dinner.
- There are also private airport shuttle services available. Please contact our office for more information. Remember these services are to be made on your own; we do not have any affiliation with these companies. We will need to know if you are using an outside service, so we can plan for your arrival or departure accordingly.
This is not recommended - If arriving later than 12 PM on Saturday for registration:
- We need this information in writing by email or mail, your reason why.
- Include accurate time/day of arrival and all camper & parent/guardian contact information.
- We will give you detailed instructions as to where to arrive for your dorm key, turning in all required forms, getting your camp t-shirt, taking your theory test, auditions, and making sure all other required events are met accordingly. The same goes for any day you may miss during camp.